What is Shilajit
Shilajit means “sacred rock” in Sanskrit. As its name suggests, Shilajit is a potent remedy whose beneficial properties cannot be overestimated. This sticky tar like substance has proven its efficacy in providing detoxification and giving more energy to the body.
Upon closer study of it, they found out that the tar-like substance is at its most abundance during the summer where the heat from the sun makes it ooze out from the mountain crevasses. The Shilajit minerals, were found out to be full of medicinal humic and fulvic acids. Its existence was formed after millions of years when the tropical forests were crushed, compacted, and wedged in between boulders as the Himalayan Mountains were formed. The minerals in Shilajit were proven to be effective in cell energy production and then known to be the best carrier of both energy and nutrition for the body.
Shilajit is a remedy used in Ayurvedic traditional medicine. According to Eastern healers, it is highly effective for detoxification. In addition, Shilajit is considered an energy-giving substance.
Pure Shilajit is a plant based mineral complex that is known to have 85+ different minerals and trace elements in an ionic and bioavailable form. Shilajit also contains fulvic acid, which helps to deliver these nutrients to the body at the cellular level.
- Boosts the immune system
- Enhances our exercise performance
- Improves our brain functions
- Offers healing properties
- Detoxifies the body and acts as an antioxidant
- Provides anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effect
- Has antifungal and antiviral properties
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Helps our bodies fight with colds
- Increases energy
- Restorative supplement for overall health
- Improving heart condition and correspondingly preventing heart diseases
- Ensuring healthy brain development due to containing fulvic acid
- Enhancing men’s fertility by normalizing their testosterone levels and improving their sexual performance. For this reason, Shilajit is sometimes called “Indian Viagra.”
- Helps build muscle
- Fights against cellular damage.
- Strengthen bones, and reduction of joint pains
- Antioxidant property shields the skin, lungs, liver, and heart from aging prematurely.
Components of Shilajit
Triterpenes, ellagic acid, sterols, amino acids, aromatic carboxylic acid, polyphenols, 3,4 benzocoumarins, phenolic lipids, polysaccharides, dibenzo-α-pyrones, and lignins. As all these components were formed in the mountains those lucky people who take Shilajit can be called “conquerors of mountains”.
Possible side effect
Shilajit will not scare you with any severe side effects if you take it properly. Those planning to take an iron-containing supplement in combination with Shilajit should be aware of the risk of excess iron accumulation in their bodies.